Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Turning 21
 On the eve of my 21st birthday I will be in New York city with my five of my closest best friends. It will also be my friend emmi and isabellas birthday but they will be turning 23. This time it will be all about me because 23 is less significant than 21. Being with them on their 21st was agony. We will take a noon megabits ride and arrive there at eleven so we have plenty of enough time and won't be screaming at each other or the uber driver. Roads will not be closed and no trucks will be allowed on the streets on Philadelphia! Our ride will include sitting on the top level next to each other scheduling our bus home for two ocklock on sunday. We arrive near the tunnel in New York city and to our surprise; there is no traffic! We get off our bus and are able to walk to our hotel which is 8 blocks away close to time square. This time we will not stay in what looks like a brothel, there will be bath soap and working outlets.

When we arrive and check in at the hotel they will give us plenty of room keys and tell us that the pool is open until 4 ocklock in the morning. Once we arrive to our room we will see a complementary chilled champagne bottle. We will have a pull out bed unless we have a suit in that case we all have our own beds. We will have an hour to get ready before we must leave for our reservations that is scheduled at a place that actually serves meat and cooked foods. We will get to our reservations 5 minutes early because I will tell all my friends it really starts earlier than it does! We will have a delicious meal and have great conversation until the check comes and we forgot to ask for separate checks. This is when thing will start to become stressful. I will leave my money at the table because I refuse to let stress claim my 21st birthday and tell them I will meet them back at the hotel. My friends will end up at the hotel 2 hours later because that just how life works when you separate from people. In the mean time a couple friends have arrived at the hotel so we start getting ready together and pre-gaming for the night

It is approximately 10:30 and we want to be out of the hotel no later than 11:15. I am making the first calls that these girls have 30 minutes to get their lives together before we hit the town. Hip hop and oldies will be blasting from emmis speaker. shots on shots are being poured down throats and coming down the sides of my friends lips. My good friend Zelina will be running around asking who wants to make bets on who will do certain things first and I will be telling my friends that they don't look fat and that everything looks good on them. We will end up leaving at like 11:45 and get to the first club around 12:30. The bouncers will let everyone in except for layla even though she is actually 25 and just looks short and has a baby face. Layla will be infuriated but wouldn't ruin our night. On the other hand Zelina gets us all kicked out within 30 minutes of being there for being too drunk so well have to uber her to her sisters. People will be inconsiderate and not wonder what I want to do even though it my birthday too so Ill end up meeting with one of my friends who goes to pace and attend some drag shows in gay bars. Well all end up at the hotel at different hours but wake up early and in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment